Adults who desire to volunteer their time, energy and talents to Ohio State University Extension and the Belmont County 4-H program must complete the volunteer selection process. There are many ways you can serve as a volunteer including: club advisor, committee volunteer, project advisor, Cloverbud advisor, short term or special emphasis volunteer and teen volunteer.
To become a volunteer, follow the steps below:
- Complete a V, in its entirety, and submit to the Belmont County Extension office.
- At minimum, have two references returned that are non-relatives, either in writing, over the telephone, or face-to-face.
- Complete an interview with the appropriate Extension representative.
- Receive, at the time of application or change of position, a written volunteer position description outlining the responsibilities.
- Read, agree to, and sign the Extension Volunteer Standards of Behavior Form.
- Submit to a criminal history fingerprint background check.
- Participate in a new volunteer orientation/training program.